It's recommended that any concerns surrounding a child's communication milestones should be raised with a Speech Pathologist to support early intervention and communication development.
Between the ages of 0-7, the foundations of a child's communication skills are placed. Children's ability to understand verbal and non-verbal communication methods grows throughout these years. Engaging with a Speech Pathologist can assist with:
- Understanding if a child's communication skills are developing within expected timeframes.
- Educate parents on communication supporting learning spaces.
- Assist the child to understand verbal and non-verbal communication methods.
- Utilise verbal and non-verbal communication methods.
- Social interaction such as turn-taking and engaging in eye contact.
- Foundational skills for reading and writing.
- Development struggles such as stuttering, voice or feeding difficulties.
- Neurotypical difficulties such as Autism and ADHD.
To make an appointment, simply call us on (07) 4199 7550 and advise our team that you'd like to make an appointment with one of our Speech Pathologists.
If you have Private Health Insurance with Extras cover which includes 'Speech Pathology' and are eligible for claims, please have your Private Health Insurance card with you.
If you need to cancel an appointment, we ask that you try and give 24 hours notice. Cancellations within 24 hours of the appointment may incur a penalty. To cancel an appointment, simply call us on (07) 4199 7550.
Upon arrival at of our Bundaberg Health and Wellbeing Centre, make your way to Pivot 21 Reception on Floor 1 of Building 2. The Receptionist will check your contact and other details on each visit to maintain accurate records.
Please be advised some of our fees will be increasing on 1st October 2023. For more information, please call (07) 4199 7550.
|Service||Initial Consult||Subsequent Consult|
Discounts apply for concession card holders; don't hesitate to contact our reception staff for more information.
Bulk-billing is available if you have been referred by a GP and have been provided a Chronic Disease Management Plan. We also accept eligible Private Health Insurance Claims. For more information on consultation fees and other costs, please give us a call.