The term “IWC” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 184 Barolin Street, Walkervale QLD 4670. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website and its content is copyright of IWC - © IWC 2022. All rights reserved. This includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, content and graphics of this website.
- Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents of this website in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without IWC’s prior written consent.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Australia.
Terms and Conditions of IWC Gym
- By signing a Gym Membership Application Form, you acknowledge that you have read (or have had the details read to you) all information contained herein and agree to abide by the rules, terms and conditions of membership at IWC Gym.
- You acknowledge that you have been provided an induction and tour of IWC Gym facilities and understand the safe use of these facilities.
- You acknowledge that undertaking exercise can be physically demanding and presents some level of risk, and that if you answered Yes to any of the questions in the Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire, you acknowledge that IWC Gym strongly suggests you seek medical advice before commencing an exercise program, and that you follow the medical advice provided to you.
- You acknowledge that when you are using IWC Gym facilities, including the gymnasium, massage chairs and steam rooms, you are doing so freely, voluntarily and at your own risk and you acknowledge that IWC Gym is in no way responsible for any injury, illness, incident, damage or loss of any kind.
- You understand that for their own safety children are not permitted in the gymnasium area.
- You understand that IWC Gym facilities are for IWC Gym members only. All non-members are required to pay a casual visit fee for use of IWC Gym facilities.
- You acknowledge that you will use IWC Gym facilities, including gymnasium equipment, massage chairs and steam rooms, in accordance with all rules restrictions and recommendations provided.
- You acknowledge that the use of illicit drugs or alcohol or attending IWC Gym facilities under the influence of illicit drugs or alcohol, is not permitted at IWC Gym.
- You acknowledge that smoking is not permitted at IWC Gym.
- You acknowledge that you must ensure the safety of your personal belongings. IWC Gym will take care to reduce the risk of damage or theft of members’ belongings however IWC Gym takes no responsibility for damage or theft of personal items.
- As part of joining IWC Gym, we may need to take a photograph of you to ensure that all gym users are registered IWC Gym members. If a photograph is required, it will not be used for any other purpose than to confirm your identity as an IWC Gym member and will be stored confidentially to protect your privacy.
- You are required to swipe in with your membership card on entry each time you attend the IWC Gym. If you lose or damage your membership card, you will be charged a replacement fee.
- You acknowledge that there are periods of time each day when IWC Gym is not staffed, and if you attend the facility in these unstaffed times, you will be unsupervised.
- You agree to maintain personal hygiene and safety standards while using the IWC Gym facilities. Specifically, you will ensure that while using gymnasium equipment you agree to the following rules:
- Appropriate, clean attire must be worn at all times including covered footwear. Dirty clothing is not appropriate for use on gym equipment. Clothing that may be offensive to other gym users is not permitted.
- A towel is to be used on all gym equipment at all times.
- Gym users must clean each piece of equipment with provided cleaning products after use.
- All members will respect other gym users by ensuring body odour is appropriately managed.
- You acknowledge that gym equipment must be returned to its appropriate place following use to maintain a safe environment for all IWC Gym users.
- You acknowledge that misuse or intentional damage to IWC Gym equipment and facilities will not be tolerated.
- You understand that abusive or offensive language is not permitted at IWC Gym. We promote an inclusive, welcoming environment for all members and swearing and offensive language is unacceptable.
- When using massage chairs, you agree to the following rules:
- You acknowledge that if you have any concerns regarding the safety and suitability of massage chair use due to any injury, health condition or disability, it is your responsibility to seek medical guidance prior to use.
- Clean socks must be worn – no bare feet.
- Gym users must be clean with clean attire (if massage chair is being used to following gym session, steam room session or therapy session, the gym user must shower before using massage chair).
- Sharp items including jewellery must be removed and appropriately stored prior to use of massage chair to avoid potential damage to chairs.
- When using steam rooms, you agree to the following rules:
- You acknowledge that if you have concerns regarding the safety and suitability of steam room use due to any injury, health condition or disability, it is your responsibility to seek medical guidance prior to use.
- You agree to follow all direction from IWC Gym Staff regarding the operation of steam room.
- Steam room users must shower before steam room use and sit on a towel at all times.
- Appropriate clothing, such as swimwear (as a minimum), must be worn when using steam rooms.
- You understand that pre-paid memberships are non-refundable.
- You acknowledge that termination of a direct debit membership requires a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice.
- You understand that, on request, members can suspend a 12 month membership for up to 28 days over a 12 month period, and can suspend a 6 month membership for up to 14 days over a 6 month period.
- You understand that IWC Gym reserves the right to exclude any member who does not adhere to the terms and conditions listed above.