Alcohol and Other Drugs Program
Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) program
The IWC Alcohol and Other Drugs program provides early intervention and prevention services. It does so through:
- Providing education and information sessions.
- Case management including referrals to internal and external services.
- Delivering and participating in AOD-free initiatives.
- Liaising with agencies and community groups.
To help deal with the underpinning causes and outcomes of AOD usage, we offer whole-of-person health, wellbeing and family services. These include:
- Chronic disease support
- Hearing checks
- Families Program
Who Can Use the Service?
At an individual case management level, the IWC AOD program is available to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) individuals and their households.
Referrals for AOD case management can be made via:
- A doctor
- Parole and Probation services
- A community agency
- Or individuals can self-refer themselves