“Alcohol & Drug Clinical” (North Burnett Region)
The Alcohol and Drug Clinical Worker works closely with a range of health professionals and organisations. The main focus of this role is to support the delivery of evidence based alcohol and drug treatment interventions to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people irrespective of age.
Treatment interventions are based in accordance with harm minimisation policies and practices, State and National health priorities and responding to the local needs of communities.
The Alcohol and Drug Clinical Worker supports the delivery of alcohol and drug treatment services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people by;
- Providing access to medical or psychiatric services
- Assessment for substance abuse and screening for mental health problems
- Referrals to appropriate health services
- Treatment plans
- Case management and care coordination
- Drug withdrawal services
- Providing individual motivation, support and assisting with goal setting.